Friday, December 29, 2006

Sigowet


Finally - an internet cafe I can rely on...(tried three different places today before I found a computer that will allow me to upload pictures to my blog...so I really hope you'll like them) Here I am, trying to be friends with the locals...:)

Saturday we arrived in Sigowet, our home for the next 10 months. Sigowet is so tiny that I�ve not been able to locate it on any Kenya map I�ve seen, no matter how large the scale. But if you have a map of Kenya in front of you, find Kisumu just east of the Victoria lake, then follow the road slightly South-East 60-70 km, and there Sigowet lies, on the road to Nakuro. Sigowet consists of a broad road, lots of green hills with farms, and a few small shops that provide the inhabitants with the basics: corn flour, umbrellas, phone cards, cabbage and mattresses.

No comments: